This fine dish combines salmon with cod or haddock and smothered in a tasty leek and gruyere sauce topped off with crispy breadcrumbs.
- Serves: 4
- Salmon Portion: Fresh Salmon, Fillet
- Course: Main
- Cooking Method: Bake, Fry
- Preparation Time: 30 mins to 1 hour
- 250g salmon fillet, skinned and cubed
- 375g cod or haddock fillet, skinned and cubed
- 2 tubs leek and gruyere fresh pasta sauce
- 4 salad onions, finely sliced
- 15ml spoon olive oil
- 40g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 freshly chopped 15ml spoons flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the cubed fish into an ovenproof dish, pour over the sauce and
sprinkle over the salad onions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the breadcrumbs and garlic and cook
for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley and
seasoning and sprinkle over the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 mintues, until the
fish is cooked and the topping crisp and golden.